Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Order up 7

You've put your order in and you know that it's going to take some time for the universe to deliver. Don't wait around until things happen, though. Hustle. Then when your order finally arrives, you'll be ready.

So the Universe is McDonald's and not Fleming's Steakhouse. At Fleming's when I put my order in I sit back, relax, and have a glass of wine. At McDonald's I place my order and then hustle to get my napkins and my ketchup and some salt and - usually - fill my own drink.

You know, I'm ready when my order comes at either place.

But I will hustle, Universe. I will prove that I can do more than sit back and relax though someday - just once - I'd like to experience the Fleming's lifestyle. I'd like to place my order and have it delivered looking and tasting better and arriving faster than I expected.

No comments: