Sunday, March 15, 2009

Kindle and The Help

Hang out with friends and family or take time out to catch a movie or read a book that has been patiently waiting for your attention.

This book was anything but patient, and I had painting to do but I finished it anyway. Husband and Kids took me out to an early birthday dinner on Friday night and gave me my present - a Kindle. Husband is often great at figuring out what I want before I do and I think he's done it again. My favorite feature -- downloading a sample of a book to see if I really want to read it. Read a few samples then ordered The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Couldn't. Put. It. Down.

I was worried about reading on the Kindle, but the book was so good I think I would have been just as absorbed if I'd been reading it on toilet paper. It's been over a year since a book has drawn me in like that and I'd almost forgotten what it felt like. There is no better feeling. It's like going on a fabulous vacation and meeting interesting new people.

I want to write characters like that. I was so inspired....but had promised I would paint the trim in the family room. The room is looking pretty great. And I have to admit that I doubt my ability to write that well anyway (Camille - don't yell at me).

No comments: