Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Trivial promises 2

You'll be asked to make a commitment. It may seem like a small matter, but once you give your word, a certain course is set. So consider carefully even the most trivial of promises.

Oh no! Think, Stacey, think! What the hell did I commit to today? I didn't really talk to anyone so no one asked me to commit to anything. Did I inadvertently commit by action? I talked to someone on the Figure Skating Club Board, but I was already committed to that.

What did I promise? What???

This is going to drive me crazy. Especially since it probably has escaped my attention and will come back to bite me in the ass when I least expect it. Like, God Forbid, in 6 months there's a knock on my door and it's a lawyer and he's got a couple kids and piece of paper that says on March 17th I agreed to become the guardian of the children of one of my Facebook friends should anything happen to them. Nah, that's not trivial. OK, I'm relaxing.

No comments: