Thursday, October 23, 2008

God is in the details and apparently He's got it out for me 4

Although you may choose to focus your attention on the details, it's these same details that spell defeat for you. To the contrary, steer yourself toward big ideas, sound judgments and amazing adventures.

Do you remember on Sesame Street how they used to sing that song that went "One of these things just doesn't belong here, one of these things just doesn't belong!" and they would show 2 monsters and a piece of pie and all the four year olds at home would scream "pie!" at the TV?

I kinda feel that way about big ideas, sound judgments, and amazing adventures, with 'sound judgments' being the pie of the mix. Wouldn't sound judgment bring an end to most big ideas and amazing adventures? Maybe I'm just not having the right big ideas.

And what are the small details that are going to defeat me? I'm trying to think of any small details I focused my attention on today...brushing my teeth, tying my shoes, answering my email. I bet it's the email. I seem to spend a ridiculous amount of time dealing with email these days. But my email brought good, big-picture news today!

Confused. Confused. Send clearer messages, please.

No comments: