Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Be careful who you vote for 9

The decisions you make today are going to affect more than just your life -- other people are more involved than you realize. This doesn't mean that you should make different choices than you were planning to make, it just means that if you do, you should be prepared for some conflict -- not everyone is going to be happy. (abridged from Washingtonpost.com)

Couldn't this be the horoscope for everyone who voted today? Or maybe I am that "one vote" that can change everything that we keep hearing about. Either way, everyone is not going to be happy tomorrow. Only about half the people are.

Will there be conflict? Or will the country do what it usually does and accept what the voters have wrought?

Did I decide anything else today besides who to vote for? Well, I did decide to buy a purse and probably spent more on it than I normally would and you would think that I would be full of buyer's remorse and guilt over spending too much money but I'm just not. I can't remember the last time I bought something that was strictly selfish, and while I'm not holding on to the "I deserve it dammit!" mentality I know that I've been looking for a purse for over 6 months and am pretty darn happy with this one. I refuse to feel guilty.

Though that could be the wine I've been consuming to dull the pain of the flu vaccine I got today. I do NOT remember them hurting this bad.

No comments: