Monday, November 24, 2008

The sign says.... 9

Minor irritations create pearls, but it might be better to clam up. Building a storehouse that holds pearls of wisdom requires an atmosphere of tranquility. Don't let outside influences upset you.

I'm trying really hard not to let minor irritants get to me, but today was a day full of irritations. In the ortho waiting room this morning I had to wait (extra long it seemed) next to Sniffles Woman. Hey, how about blowing your nose? I was reading Elle magazine while I waited and when I got to the book reviews read "there is a LOT of memoir out there, and Chick Lit, too much really..." Great. Effing terrific. I've been working my butt off on memoir chick lit and the market is already glutted! Once again I'm a step behind. Then when I get to the chiropractor we are chatting as he contorts and yanks my spine and he asks what I've been doing and I tell him I'm finishing a book and he asks what it's about and I tell him and he says "People will read that?"

Is this some kind of test? Am I being pushed to see how much adversity I will put up with, how bad I really want this? Or am I supposed to realize that I am spending hours and hours working on something that no one will ever read? I try to pay attention to the signs I'm given but how am I supposed to distinguish between signs and tests without a little help here?

A LITTLE HELP HERE PLEASE!

Should I try to remain tranquil and not let these outside influences upset me? Or should I....give it up?

No comments: