Friday, January 18, 2008

A little freaky

Others will seek out your advice and wisdom as they struggle with personal dilemmas.

A good friend called today. Her ex-husband is trying to renegotiate their divorce settlement nearly 10 years later; she is being forced to go through years of paperwork and well .... it's so incredibly complicated and unfair. When she called she said "You're the only one I can talk to this about."

That's mostly because I've known them both forever. It's also because we understand each other, and she knows I will be honest and tell her that yes, it is unfair. And she knows that I will tell her that the real reason she is frustrated is because she can't control the situation. She already knows this; she doesn't really need me to tell her.

But she is struggling with a personal dilemma, and she did call for my advice and wisdom. Ok, maybe all she wanted was for me to say "You're right, you do deserve better than this." And she does. But she got my advice and wisdom whether she liked it or not.

No comments: