Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Falling Trees

Once again I could have used an astrological warning! Last night, during the huge windstorm, a loud noise woke me up. I thought it was thunder. Then I thought "A tree fell on the house! Get the kids out! No... that's crazy." And I fell back asleep. This morning I woke up to find...a tree had fallen on my house. Actually two dead trees from a neighbor's yard (he was supposed to have removed them years ago) fell and took down power lines, power poles, our play structure, and then landed on my sunporch roof.
I did have a horoscope today that said your luck is tied into good PR so when I saw the news camera in the backyard I ran out and got interviewed. Then the newspaper called for an interview and sent a photographer out. We'll see if this PR leads to good luck, i.e. our neighbors paying for the damage that THEIR trees caused.

I did have one horoscope that says Career or education may soon necessitate an exotic trip. Oh, stop acting like you hate the idea. Is your passport current? and I just have to laugh. Alicia and I are leaving for Nashville first thing in the morning for four days of exotic synchronized skating competitions. Do you need a passport to go to Nashville?

No comments: