Thursday, January 24, 2008

No Accident Warning


It's 8:18 pm and I'm frantically searching all my horoscopes for any warning that I would be in a car accident tonight.


I was on my way to a magazine writer's workshop at the Royal Oak library and got rear-ended. Hard. I hit the back of my head on the seatback (note: they do not make those soft enough) and my car moved forward about a foot even though I had on the brakes. I was afraid I'd hit the car ahead of me, luckily I didn't. It was a busy road so I pulled off to a side street and called 911. Very nice operator, btw. I had some bumper damage and my back-up warning system is broken. But, as they say, you should see the other guy. The car's hood was half it's original length and ended up having to be towed.


My kajama.com horoscope said that I should take the evening off to recharge and have some fun. Now I wish I had. The 'scope from the paper gave no indication either. Niether did tarot.com. And the Washington Post horoscope said to keep an eye on a loved one who is in a new venture, no help.


On top of the horrible headache I have, I also have a ton o' guilt - while I was sitting in my car waiting for the officer to fill out the report, Alicia called. She had injured her hip while skating. I was less than a good mom, told her Dad was on his way and to keep moving to keep it loose, then got off the phone to wallow in my own headache.


Tomorrow I get a day of dealership visits and phone calls to my insurance company. Fun, fun.


3 comments:

Amy said...

That is so unfair! I think that a kind cosmos would have given you a little heads up.

karen said...

But thank goodness you are okay...and for that you can thank your 'lucky stars!'

E said...

Hmmmm....that's a pretty big one to not be warned about...we should probably discuss it over a bottle of wine when I get home.