Thursday, March 27, 2008

Couch Potatos - 1, Horoscopes - 0

Break the couch potato streak you've been on by going out and having some fun tonight, whether that means a trip to the mall, the latest movie, or checking out the newest hot spot in town.

Oops.

Can "the latest movie" be interpreted as "a summer blockbuster that I've never seen before"? If so, I'm good. Though I was on the couch when I watched it. And I didn't get to see the end.

Really not looking too good for me, is it?

I did get out of the house during the day. Took Son to the Eye Dr. (he will require glasses in a year, a deficiency inherited from Husband's family genes), then took both kids to Open Skate at the Onyx. We met my girlfriend and her daughter - the amazing 4-year old skater - there. Daughter was giving 4-year old some skating tips. My friend has started a baking business and gave us two dozen pink lemonade flavored butter cookies which barely made the drive home. Son and I decided that Daughter should give skating lessons to 4-year old, whose mother can pay us in cookies.

We stopped at the Baldwin Public Library on the way home so Daughter could meet Lauren Myracle - Young Adult Author - and get her copy of L8ter G8ter signed.

I really wanted to get some work done this evening, but back was incredibly sore after ice rink so I self-medicated and melted into the couch, exactly where I wasn't supposed to be. Sigh.

Will I ever get it right?

3 comments:

Amy said...

Baking business? Cookies?

Chip Duford said...

Did you go out and have fun?!?!

If you did, then you met the criteria ... nuff said.

Chip Duford said...

Got some AWESOME news today ... check out my blog!