Tuesday, March 18, 2008

If today is your birthday....

Why, it is!

Little can discourage you and nothing can defeat you this year. The next six weeks bring new freedom -- not because you can suddenly do anything you want, but because you embrace your current state and take charge. A financial surge in April helps your plan. You share a creative spark with loving Leo and Scorpio.

That positive little missive, telling me what I have to look forward to until March 18, 2009, is from the Detroit Free Press. For nearly twenty years I've been saving the If Today Is Your Birthday paragraphs from both of the local papers. Here's the Detroit News prognosis:

Prepare for a few weeks of mystifying celestial weather through July. You may be working extra hours or following a path that leads to a dead end. Get all your loose ends sewn up so that when opportunity knocks in October and November, you will be ready to rock 'n' roll. Problems that develop in the spring should evaporate under a steady dose of good luck in the late fall. You will be wiser than usual in the autumn and can safely make life-altering decisions or meet a significant someone who has your best interests at heart.

What the?????

I've gone from freedom to mystifying celestial weather...and instead of taking charge I'll be experiencing problems in the spring. Now, I have no problem choosing which I'd like to believe, but what if the Freep is wrong and my take charge state leads me to a dead end? I don't want to wait until autumn to be wise and have a steady dose of good luck. I want it now! My year was looking a LOT rosier before I picked up the News. Which is why we only subscribe to the Freep.

1 comment:

Chip Duford said...

Hey .. it's us.

Remember? The Universe?

The Gemini Moon says hello.

Wanted to apologize for the rather daunting celestial forecast for the next few months. We doing a little construction up here. Can't be helped. Sorry.