Saturday, September 27, 2008

Home is where the... 2

Turn your attention to home and loved ones today; reconnect with playful, restful activities under the comfort driven Virgo Moon.

My attention was ALL on my home today but it was not playful or restful. Furiously cleaned the house this morning, harping on kids to help out until I hated the sound of my own voice. But why am I scrubbing and inhaling bleach fumes while my 13-year old daughter - who HAS no back issues - lies on the couch watching DVR'd episodes of Project Runway?

Virgo Moon, I believe you are really driving me to create comfort for others, and while I applaud your efforts please don't try and pass this off as "reconnecting activities." The only connection we had this morning was a bad attitude. If you really want me to spend the day in a playful, restful mood, give me a heads up the day before and let me know to get all the housework done so I'm not bitter and cranky.

Or maybe you're just off: tomorrow is all about the "reconnecting activities" -- popcorn sale with son in the morning and skating carpool and coach/parent/skater conference with daughter in the afternoon. I doubt these events will be playful or restful either, but what's a mom to do?

No comments: