Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Any change to spare? 6

You'll realize change is definitely in the air when the Pisces Moon challenges your boundaries today.

Change must be in the air. Today I got a call from a casting agency about auditioning for a television pilot.

I know. Seems ridiculous doesn't it? I feel a little old to be "discovered" and I don't live anywhere near L.A., yet here is an opportunity, mine for the taking.

And what was I thinking when I sent in my resume and headshot via internet on Sunday afternoon? Was I thinking that it wasn't real? That there would be no show? That it would be some rinky-dink production? It's none of those things. It's real, it's big, it's .... it's the coolest job opportunity ever!!

When my cell phone rang this afternoon and I didn't recognize the number I let it go to voicemail. (Yes, I'm a screener -sue me). I recognized the Chicago area code, but thought it might be some sort of sales call until the double beep alerted me that a message had been left. Got Son off the bus, into the house and fed, then called voicemail to listen to the message. I have to be honest, while the line was ringing I was actually thinking 'It's Oprah. I wonder what she wants? Maybe someone showed her my book.'

I guess I'm an eternal optimist. It obviously wasn't Oprah. It was a casting agent. But that doesn't mean Oprah won't call ..... some day.

No comments: