Monday, May 19, 2008

Oops I did it again - 6


You'll thrive under the versatile energy of the Gemini Sun, and may make sweeping changes to your appearance or surroundings.

The changes weren't sweeping, but they were necessary. Enough gray had grown in that it was obvious what my well-placed highlights were hiding. The highlights, expertly applied by Kendall, had come with a warning to never try and highlight my own hair again. But there I was in the bathroom with the plastic gloves, pieces of foil and a little brush. I thought I did a decent, conservative job but when I went down to dinner Husband said "I can still see gray, right there at your part."

He's so helpful.

I was going to leave it. Really. But the solution was still on the bathroom counter and I had an hour until our ride to the skating audition showed up. Before I knew it I was upstairs running the little bristle brush through my grayer spots. Rinsed it out after 15 minutes, re dried the front of my hair and set out.

The gray is definitely gone and Husband gave his approval but I'm worried that it looks too blonde (I know, as if there is such a thing!). This never would have happened if I'd called weeks ago and made a hair appointment like a normal person. I can't seem to get out of the pattern of ignoring it until the new gray roots are as obvious as a hat on my head and calling in a panic to be squeezed in for an appointment. I don't think I'm teaching Daughter good Hair Habits.

Too blonde?

No comments: