Friday, May 16, 2008

Floating along - 8

As a water sign, you inherently understand that life changes form, flows in new directions and is constantly shifting. You float with whatever comes.

This was from yesterday. And I tried to be a good little Pisces and float along with all the changes and shifting and flowing, but I don't feel like I'm doing a very good job. There are so many "if then's" in my life right now that I feel trapped in Indecision Land. (It's an actual place, get out your Atlas!).

I feel like my life has become all about coordination. An example: I am trying to figure out a summer skating schedule for Daughter. But I have to consider A) coach's schedule, B) ice time offered C) Son's swim team schedule and D) Daughter's volunteering. I feel like I have one of those hard plastic red-and-blue toys that Tupperware used to sell for toddlers. The one where they had to slide the triangle shape into the triangle slot - EXACTLY - or it wouldn't go in. (Now that I think about it, what a frustrating toy to give a kid, it was nearly impossible). I am trying to put every shape perfectly into its exact slot all at the same time.

Am I whining about something that everyone else does on a daily basis without even thinking about? I probably am. But how are you people doing it? What is your secret? How are you not walking around in a constant state of ready-to-implode?

Or maybe you are. That could explain road rage.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh yes, I'm with you. Only my game is 'Perfection'. Remember that one? You've got thirty little shapes that have to fit into a tray with a timer. If you don't beat the timer, they fly all over the place.