Friday, May 30, 2008

Go left, no go right! - 10

The voices in your head, whether spirit guides or your own, can be sending you conflicting messages today. It's hard to know exactly what to believe and what to do with so much mental turmoil.

Ah, so much turmoil. I nearly had a panic attack this morning.

If the number of books on the topic is any indication, I'm not the only with negative voices in my head. Oprah has covered the topic ad nauseum. And why do we listen to the negative voices when they are in our head? Had an argument over dinner with Husband who insists that no one is going to give me $200,000 to make a documentary. I was incredibly mad at him for being so unsupportive. I even said that, "You are so unsupportive!" But when it's ME saying it to me, well, I listen and agree.

You're probably wondering what happened to the Eternal Optimist who was blogging here just 48 hours ago. Frankly, so am I. Negative Stacey has beaten her into submission and she is cowering in a corner, holding her dreams tightly lest they be wrenched from her arms and tossed in the garbage.

Negative Stacey reminds me of British Mom. British Mom is just me with a British accent, but Husband and the kids like it and beg me to do it all the time. One night, when I must have been in a cranky mood, the kids begged for British Mom. "She's so much nicer," said Husband. "Really?" I responded in the begged-for accent, "Cuz she thinks you're all quite stupid."


No comments: