Friday, July 11, 2008

Hope is where the heart is 5

Avoiding extreme situations where everything or nothing goes your way is a wise strategy to ease any anxiety you may be feeling.

There was nothing extreme about today. A day full of drop-offs and pick-ups, laundry, email, cooking, reading and an aching back. Oh, and a little bit of hope.

I went on the synchro boards last week and posted something about the documentary. I've heard from several supportive people and today I talked to a young woman, a former synchro skater, who wants to help. She has some connections on the west side of the state.

I'm almost getting tired of the hope. I feel like George Costanza from Seinfeld (The Fix Up) when he has this conversation with Jerry:

"I don't want hope. Hope is killing me. My dream is to become hopeless. When you're hopeless you don't care. And when you don't care, that indifference makes you attractive."

"So, hopelessness is the key?"

"It's my only hope."

It was a nice day, really. Oh, and I was in the paper too. My friend Karen Buscemi wrote an article that appeared in The Detroit News today - 'Push presents' catch on as a reward for having a baby.

Because of this, I discovered that Husband has a google alert...on HIMSELF! He got alerted about the article and send me a WTF email (I had neglected to warn him about the article). I was cracking up all afternoon. Then I immediately created a google alert for my name.

No comments: