Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Universe says relax 9

You're in the habit of being hard on yourself. That's why you consistently turn in fine work, are a terrific friend and have relationships that do you proud. Tonight go easy on yourself.

Hard to go easy on myself today. Heard from the potential documentary investor - she can't do it. Also found out that my first magazine article appeared ... with someone else's byline. Then I spent all evening working on a project for the website and it didn't save -- twice!

I'm feeling like Bad Luck Schleprock today. Remember him from The Flintstones - constantly walking around with a cloud over his head? Thing is, I don't WANT to feel this way. Karen and I finished - FINISHED - the play this morning. I want to feel happy about that. I want to feel joyous. I want The Power of Positive Thinking to be real.

Though I guess this would be the real test. Can I continue to think positive while facing a bunch of setbacks? I think I can. I've got a couple good ideas to work on in the next few weeks, my back is feeling better and I spent the afternoon laughing hysterically with my son as he read a book backwards.

What's more positive than that?

So thanks, Universe, for the astrological pat on the back. But I think I'm doing fine on my own today.

2 comments:

Amy said...

How can you not give that one a 10?

I'm glad the universe is backing up what I've been saying to you all along.

Stacey said...

What have you been saying again? Oh, that I'm NOT a loser? I think the verdict is still out on that one.