Friday, July 25, 2008

Thank you, I'll be here all week! 7

Look up the word 'glib' in the dictionary, and don't be surprised to see your picture there. Yes, your verbal skills will definitely be the stuff that legends are made of.

I don't know if I was glib or legendary today, but I was funny enough to make the cable guy nearly do a spit take.

It was a dark and stormy night ... no, it was a hot and sunny day and the cable guy showed up to see why my Internet and phone have been going off and on since Sunday. He had to get out a ladder and fix something on the lines outside then came back inside to make sure everything was working. I got him a glass of water because it was really hot out. As he was filling out the paper work he said, "I hope the next job goes this easy."

Me: Oh, this was easy?

CG: Oh yeah, I wish they were all like this.

Me: Good, I like being the easy one. At least when it comes to cable.

Cut to CG trying not to spit water all over the coffee table. Hee hee.

No comments: