Tuesday, July 8, 2008

How can nothing have a shadow? 0

The wonderful encouragement you now receive just might be hiding something that lurks in the shadows. Don't be too quick when responding to an opportunity. Take your time and move at your own pace.

Well, I guess it's a good thing I didn't get any encouragement, wonderful or otherwise, today. And I'm sorry, Universe, but I'm going to jump on the first opportunity that comes my way like a fat man on a doughnut. What if my "own pace" is quick? Husband always says I'm "Ready, Fire, Aim." But, he also might say, "How's that working out for you?"

Not so great.

I feel like my son in a toy store. He'll pick up a toy off a shelf, "Can I have this?" "No," I say. He picks up another one. "Can I have this?" "No." "Can I have this?" "No." "Can I have this?" "No."

And what's worse is these doors aren't being slammed in my face. I knock on the door of opportunity, show the owner what I've got and they just shake their head with pity in their eyes and slowly shut and lock the door. I'd rather have the slam, at least that's a response.

Enough metaphors. They're not even making sense any more. And neither are my horoscopes. I'm about to give up on you, Universe. Throw me a bone.

No comments: