Monday, July 14, 2008

When you wish upon a star 4

A magical energy will follow you around this week, thanks to your tarot card, the Star. If you make a wish, it's bound to come true!

Really. No, that's not a questioning "really" - it's a "really" dripping with so much sarcasm it could be wrung out like a washcloth. Or "warshcloth" as my mother-in-law says. It's funny, my grandma always said it that way too.

I do have energy, even though I also have incredible pain. My back is killing me, but I'm determined to clean out and organize my house. I started this morning with the basement. Cleaned out my prize closet, then started on the laundry room -- a big job.

Here's a question: what do you do with old awards and plaques? It seems almost ungrateful to throw them out "Thanks a lot, Red Cross, but I really don't need your Volunteer of the Year 1998 plaque anymore." (I wasn't really the Red Cross Volunteer of the Year in 1998; I don't know if they even give out such an award, but I needed an example and can't remember any of the "honors" sitting in my basement.) They're not just my awards, they belong to Husband too. Apparently he was Employee of the Month more than once. Quite a catch. I'm a lucky girl.

So, what is my wish? If it's going to come true I should be careful when I make it, right? Do I wish for just enough money to pay for skating? Or do I wish for enough money to make the documentary? Or do I give up on being selfish and wish for world peace? Do I wish for a job, so I can keep making money? Do I wish for jobs for everyone so unemployment will go down?

And what about this: IF you make a wish it's bound to come true? Who isn't walking around wishing all the time? I'm wishing so much I'm like that bad joke - a Genie could show up and grant me one wish and I'd say something stupid like, "Wow, this is a big decision. I wish I had more time."

No comments: