Monday, July 21, 2008

Sunday - #*&% this! 6

You have the opportunity to experience something you never have before. This is most likely something you'll only do once, because once is enough. Revel in your bit of unforgettable fun.

Wow, I did do something where "once is enough" but it was actually the second time I've done it. Husband and I went to the Kid Rock concert.

I shouldn't be so quick to judge. The man (Kid Rock, not Husband) has taken being an unattractive white trash wannabe Rock Star and turned it into a darn good show and a multimillion dollar business. Who am I to judge? DTE was sold out and everyone was having a fabulous time. He incorporates nearly every style of music so there's a little something for everyone. On this tour he is accompanied by Rev Run of Run DMC and they did a Run DMC medley at the end of the show for those of us who thought we were oh-so-hip in the early 80's.

One thing bothers me. He uses a LOT of foul language - I believe he studied at the George Carlin School of How to Write a Rock Song - and there were tons of people there with their children. I don't blame him for that. Once he puts a song out there it's up to the people who hear it what they want to do with it; including sharing it with their children.

No comments: