Saturday, April 26, 2008

I need a bra and a bonfire - 5

There's plenty of assistance available to you, if only you let others know what you need.

I need someone to clean the toilets.

Ok, enough trying to be witty and time to really deal with things. I realize I've been goofing off the last week or so and I mean to get serious. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately .... (Not Really) Old Flame has got me thinking about high school, which I barely remember, and a recent chain e-mail from a friend (where you answer 40 questions) has got me thinking about the fact that I can't choose a better favorite flavor for ice cream than plain chocolate?!? What the hell is wrong with me?

Tonight I was reading an article in New York magazine about Hilary Clinton and feminism, and I realized that ten years ago I would have voted for Hilary simply because she is a woman. I still am a feminist (and am raising one too - yay for me!) but where has my edge gone? That's it .... I've lost my edge.

I'm reclaiming my edge d*$^@it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is no better flavor than chocolate. Trust your gut.

Spring4 said...

OK. If you are serious about re-claiming your edge I have a suggestion for you. I think you should make a bid to become part of the morning show on WRIF. Don't laugh! I always enjoyed listening to you on the radio AND they need to make a change to the format of that show in order to re-energize it. At the very least, the experience would be great for writing about later.

Stacey said...

Wow, Spring4, way to hold me accountable! Ok, I'll do it! AND I'll write about it later.

I was a fan of the show pre-Drew-departure and my preference would be to work on a show with Drew wherever he ends up (if it's in town). But I accept your challenge!!

Stacey said...

Oh, and thanks for the compliment!