Thursday, April 17, 2008

Kudos to Maria Shaw

Oh, you don't know Maria Shaw (www.mariashaw.com/)? Well, she's an Astrologist Extraordinaire. (You can hear her on psychiconair.com).

Anyway, I interviewed Maria last September for my book and asked her to do a chart for the year I was keeping track of my horoscope. She had some pretty interesting things to say, but couldn't help going into my future (though I hadn't asked). "I'm so used to working this way," she said.

I wrote down everything she told me (and she also sent me a tape in case my notes weren't accurate!) and one of them was something like "an old flame will contact you next spring." I really doubted this, it's not like I have so many Old Flames that I haven't kept track of them. Plus, I had recently attended a high school reunion so I'm pretty aware of where everyone is, who they've married, how long their sentence is, etc.

So. Yesterday. Out of the blue I get an email from a boy (I guess he would be a man by now) that I had months of intense phone conversations with in high school. He attended a rival school 57 miles away, it but might as well have been 5700 miles when you're 15 and have an abundance of hormones but no drivers license.

I don't think we ever reached "flame" status -- but the email was pretty unnerving nonetheless. Not that he wrote anything inappropriate - it was your typical "catching up after 27 years" email (good grief I am OLD), but it was so unexpected. And so accurate. Ish.

2 comments:

Chip Duford said...

Which school? Do I know this person?

Stacey said...

No, you don't. No one ever met him. We just talked on the phone.