Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My Guy - 9

Before you call a friend to whine at length about 'how different' your current flame seems to be, think about it: Who's really changed here?

OMG - I did whine to a friend (though not "at length") about how different Husband and I are. I'm pretty freaked out. Though here's the deal:

When we first got together we were both pretending to dig each other's interests. On our honeymoon in London he attended a Noel Coward play with me and I went to a Kinks concert at his request. I'm a better actor, so he doesn't really know the depth of my non-interest, while I am QUITE CLEAR where his boundaries are.

I'm sure it's not that way with everyone. I always feel like we're the "freaky" couple. But I guess it boils down to the fact that I would rather spend the evening with him at a concert than by myself at a play. And I certainly don't want to spend the evening with him being forced to sit through theater; that would just be ugly.

No comments: