Sunday, June 1, 2008

I'll have the chocolate torte - 4

Use the empowering rays of the Leo Moon to peruse all the new opportunities the Universe has been offering you all week.

I don't know if I have opportunities or just potential opportunities. Or do the potentials count as opportunities? I got a call for an audition this week - is that an opportunity I'm supposed to be perusing? And what are the others? I got the "opportunity" to clean the house, but that's pretty much a given. I did get some info on submitting columns to a syndicate from my good friend Jeanine (who just landed her first column - guess I should listen to her).

How does one know what to peruse? It's not like all my options were offered up on a menu or a dessert tray.

Column - $7.50
Column with Syndication - $12.50
Role in a TV pilot - $15.00.

And get this - I just got my June Forecast:

It's June, the month of leaves and roses, and it's time to take a look at what the month holds for us astrologically.

On June 19, Mercury finally turns direct. Communication becomes less confusing and making decisions should longer be such a battle. The time is perfect to communicate all of your great ideas! Uranus, however, turns retrograde on June 26. When Uranus turns retrograde, expect the unexpected. This is a time of surprising events, and things probably won't go as planned. Embrace changes as they occur and be flexible.

This bothers me on several levels, the first being that June is the "month of leaves and roses." Really? Leaves? Since when? I'm pretty sure that most of the leaves got here in May and are sticking around until September/October - why does June get to claim them?

And notice how subtle the writer is about saying that communication and decision-making are going to suck until the 19th. And then the time limit! OK, get your ideas out there from the 20th-25th or things probably won't go as planned! It's like the month of June is having the opposite of a menstrual cycle. Instead of 5 days on you have 5 days off. 5 days out of the whole month to get stuff done!

I have a lot to do this month, dammit. I can't just take the month off or pussyfoot around because Uranus has it's undies in a bunch.

Yes, I meant to say that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uranus! That word has been making me laugh since I was seven.