Friday, August 1, 2008

Thursday - Out of commision 0

Your organizational skills will be put to the test as you strive to create more space and freedom of movement at work and at home.

NO freedom of movement for me today. Last night I fell asleep on the couch watching Sex and the City and when I woke up I could barely move. The pain was so bad I couldn't sleep. It took me 29 minutes to walk down the stairs for pain meds and I knew there was no way I'd make it back up the stairs without screaming or crying so I stretched out on the couch where Husband found me at 6:30 AM and helped me back upstairs to bed.

By then the pain was so bad I couldn't even turn my head without shooting, stabbing pain down my back and legs. Son had to fetch me water and turn the lamp on for me. Luckily, Jill came by to drop off stuff for the garage sale and she went and picked up my meds and set out lunch for Son. Another great friend, Sue, took Son in the afternoon to play with her son and fed him dinner. I am so lucky to have such great friends, but can't believe the PAIN. And I don't even know what I did! How does a 20-minute nap (even in the wrong position) warrant this kind of pain?

And how could the Universe not foresee this? How about a little warning?

No comments: