Saturday, August 23, 2008

I know you are but what am I? 5

You don't need to be anyone other than who you are. Consider that the pressure you feel to perform, impress and dazzle your peers may be self-inflicted. You are accepted and loved exactly as is.

Why do I find it so difficult to believe that I am accepted and loved exactly as is? Maybe because I didn't feel very lovable today. I felt hot and cranky and in pain. I felt like I was melting into the lawn at the garage sale and I was very short-tempered with the "customers" who put a book (or anything) back because we told them it cost a quarter!!

I understand times are tight; that is exactly the reason I've been working this team fundraiser garage sale for two days. But, a quarter! For a book! Seriously people, get out more.

I feel this desperate need to perform and impress. Or at the very least, accomplish. All so that I will feel worthy of being loved.

I've read The Four Agreements; I know that if I don't love me I can't really expect anyone else to love me. I also know that if I don't love myself, it's harder to love others.

Why is this so difficult?

Who is walking around in love with themself?

Please let me know how you do it.

No comments: