Monday, August 11, 2008

Let the sun shine 4

Meditate on the power of your tarot card, the Sun, to boost your confidence and tap into an endless source of energy.

It was an up and down day, and I could use some energy. Got Daughter off to Boot Camp with her skating team, then had to deal with an issue from 5 hours away. I felt so helpless. I know she's fine; but will I ever get rid of this instinct to protect her?

A friend called with some great news: a new job and a potential agent. She's worked hard and deserves every last bit of success. So why am I so jealous? Why do I feel like her success means there's none for me? I know it's ridiculous, I know there's enough to go around. We don't even write the same kind of stuff! But the petty little part of me can't stop whining "What about meeeeeeeeeee?"

The friend part of me is INCREDIBLY thrilled for her and knows that no one deserves it more than she.

And I did get a call for an audition tomorrow. Stay tuned for another episode of Stacey DuFord: Bad Actress.

So, Sun, it's your turn today. Boost my confidence.

No comments: