Monday, June 9, 2008

Audition Update #1 (see previous post)

The room was filled with men auditioning for the roles of security guard and TV reporter, even a local sports anchor was there! The only other woman was a former girlfriend of my husband's. Isn't irony fabulous? I plan to adopt her as my new friend just to freak him out.

The minute I stood in the front of the camera my hands started shaking and the words I had so eloquently repeated into the remote control yesterday (while pretending it was a microphone. Much more realistic than a hairbrush) in my bedroom came running and screeching out of my mouth like pigs loosed from a pen.

I barely remember what the casting director said, though she was very nice. I do remember she said somebody was pretty, though I don't know if she was referring to me or herself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it can happen to Cindy Brady, it can happen to anyone. I think she consoled herself with ice cream. Can I get you some rocky road?

Stacey said...

yes, please