Sunday, June 29, 2008

I am a salmon 9

Feel like you're swimming upstream, and getting tired fast? Then stop fighting the tide. Let go, and learn to surf.

That is ALL I've been thinking about. Wasted the entire morning putting video editing software on Daughter's laptop so I can put video on the synchro team web site, only to find that my video camera is not compatible with Vista. I was so frustrated I wanted to cry. I went for a walk instead.

Then Husband told me that he and the kids were going to see WallE, the new Disney movie. Did I want to go? Usually I have so much to do I say no to such things, but I couldn't think of anything I really wanted to work on. Everything has been so frustrating. This evening I updated the team web site with new pics and it is not publishing the site to the web. It feels like everything is against me.

Is this the tide I'm supposed to be surfing? Am I supposed to give up? Or am I supposed to break down and get a new computer or a new camera?

And all this work could all be for naught. There may be no documentary for the web site to supplement. I need to relax. I need to sit back and trust that everything is going to work out.

Oh how I wish I could do that.

I liked the movie. It wasn't laugh-out-loud funny, but it was very good and you could tell that the people who worked on it really thought about it. I appreciate that. Thanks for doing a great job, Pixar People.

No comments: