Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Voiceover update #1

This morning I recorded the voice over (see June 18 and June 23) for USA Credit Union. Got to Ron Rose promptly at 9 am, only to find the other talent(s) are running late. Traffic. They are consummate voice over professionals; they know everyone and are immediately comfortable AND they have done these spots before. I'm the "guest voice."

All 3 of us go into the booth and they are both gargling and "la la la-ing" to warm up their voices, and I'm just standing there, willing myself to be confident. I did GET this gig after all.

We run through it a couple times, adjust the copy, then record a take. Then... the playback. I try not to break out in a cold sweat. All I can hear are the things I shouldn't have done. Still, no one says anything so I don't either.

It takes nearly an hour then we are done. I leave first; the other two need to cut the :15 second drops. The minute I get outside the Evil Voice Inside My Head says "You know they are going to call someone to get right in there and re cut your part."

I immediately called one of my friends, Camille, who is louder than the Evil Voice. Camille hates the Evil Voice and is trying to get me to make E.V. move out.

I'm thinking about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your voiceover -- let us know when/where to hear it!