Sunday, June 15, 2008

Scraping up a storm 6

Although your heart may not be in the work you must do today, you have the ability to concentrate on what must be done. Be careful, for you might commit so much energy to your chores that you ignore the more social aspects of getting along with others.


Spent the afternoon scraping the moss from between the stones of our brick paver patio. I guess you could say my heart wasn't really in it. It started out social, with all of us out there with some kind of tool, scraping away, but then Daughter saw that it was going to rain and wanted to fill up water balloons for her big birthday party tomorrow night, and Son just gave up and sat on a bench and watched. A sudden rainstorm impeded our progress, but it left as quickly as it arrived and Husband and I were back at it, having been ditched by our offspring. Husband put down new sand filler in the cracks and I have to admit that I had my doubts about how it would look - I'm pretty sure he didn't read the directions - but it ended up looking pretty good.


My back is killing me now. I'm pretty sure my physical therapist would not be thrilled that I spent the afternoon on my hands and knees scraping and then sweeping. I'm trying to be still, and hoping that I didn't damage it beyond the repair a night's rest can bring.


After dinner I began the process of creating a watermelon cake for daughter's luau party. We found this recipe last summer and it is too cute for words. You add cherry koolaid to a white cake mix, use chocolate chips for seeds (the recipe calls for raisins - um, no) and bake it in a bowl. Then you use green food coloring in the frosting and to create the watermelon pattern. With nearly 30 guests planned I am making two cakes and am hoping that it looks like someone cut a watermelon in half and laid them flat-side-down and not like two large, green breasts.

No comments: