Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Freak-O-Scope - 0

It's said all our ancestors are still alive, inside ourselves. Remember the people you call wacky, who at least partially inform you who you are now. You may find yourself saying, oh, that's where that came from!

This is the kind of horoscope that gives Astrology a bad name. If some unfortunate Pisces picked today to start reading her horoscope she is probably still quivering in a corner.

I HAD to do a Google search: typed in "ancestors alive inside yourself" and came up with a blog dedicated to the god of truth: Shiva, a sacred Andean journey site, and found out that the Los Angeles Times runs the same horoscope as the Detroit Free Press.

I like the idea that some Pisces in Los Angeles who is maybe waiting to hear about a part in a movie, or whether they got into film school, or if their pilot got picked up for the season is trying to interpret the same cryptic messages that I am. Vanessa Williams (Ugly Betty) shares my birthday and I can't help but wonder if she glanced at her 'scope this morning and thought "What the ?" just like I did.

My Google search also brought up Native America poetry (why did I feel the need to capitalize that?), and a study on the psychology of advertising. I guess nothing is safe from advertising, not even dead ancestors. Of course I shouldn't talk - I'm the one who is trying to get Daughter's skating team sponsored so my monthly bill is only $1.

Why don't men think skating is a sport?

I know I'm off on a tangent here, but really - I have tried to figure skate. It's HARD. Daughter's team practices are 2-2 1/2 hours long and end with laps and drills and suicides - on skates! I remember playing basketball in high school and being exhausted at the end of a practice and can't imagine what it would have felt like to do suicides while trying to balance myself on two thin blades the entire time. Now I'm getting preachy, but I'm hoping that's what the documentary will show - what great athletes these girls really are.

Whew. Can't believe that diatribe came from "our ancestors are alive, inside ourselves" .... unless one of my ancestors was a soap box preacher! THAT could explain a lot.

No comments: