Monday, June 30, 2008

Announcement 10

Physical and mental orderliness go hand in hand. Get your stuff organized, and your thoughts become more manageable, too. Tonight, you have an announcement and you deliver it with great style.

When I read the above this morning I was almost mad. I didn't have anything to announce a few days ago and I didn't have anything to announce today. But...getting my stuff organized led me to my announcement. I'll let you judge my delivery.

Purple Heart is coming tomorrow to pick up some stuff. I have a donation bag I keep in the guest bedroom closet and last night Husband went through his closet and added more. I did a little shopping today while Daughter was skating and Son was golfing (see sidebar below) and started cleaning out my closets when I got home. I found some summer clothes I forgot I even owned. Last summer, after being practically immobile for 6 months with a painful herniated disk, I had to go out and buy Fat Summer Clothes. Buying Fat Clothes is hard enough, but it's especially painful when they are Fat Summer Clothes. I've been wearing the Fat Summer Clothes for the last month and today I pulled out all my Cute (i.e. size smaller) Summer Clothes from the closet for the Purple Heart bag. Daughter was sitting in my room and I said "I'm trying these on, but anything that doesn't fit goes!"

They fit.

All of them.

Somehow I have lost weight. I don't know how, I'm not eating any less. I'm trying to walk more but I'm certainly not consistent. I don't know when it happened, but I don't care. Suddenly I have a whole new (old) wardrobe.

Don't worry, I'm not walking around all pleased with my bad self. I still need to get fit. I'm aware that a few weeks of barbecues and margaritas could put me right back in the FSC's, but I'm determined not to get back there. There is nothing like weight loss to spur on a diet!

And yes, I did donate the Fat Summer Clothes.

Sidebar: Son had his second golf class today. When he got in the car I asked him if he liked it. The golfing is OK, but he REALLY likes when they get to pick up the balls with the tube thing. Now, every parent is lying if they tell you that when their kid starts a new sport there isn't just a glimmer of hope that they will be really, really good. My little glimmer was dashed today. I'm not raising the next Tiger Woods, I'm raising the next groundskeeper.

No comments: