Sunday, June 8, 2008

Do not leave the house 6

Home is where the heart is. Family members and home-based activities may bring the greatest joy as this week unfolds. An attempt on your part to prove your independence could cause a reversal of fortune.

Oooh, I do not like the sound of this. The home part is fine. I'm a Homebody and I'm not ashamed to admit it. The kids only have a day and a half of school left, and our summer schedule doesn't really start until next week. And with the price of gas over $4/gallon, we'll be sticking around the house this week even if we hadn't planned to.

It's funny, my kids are just like me. Husband was golfing today and after the kids ate lunch I said, "Who wants to go to the swim club?" They shrugged. "Nah." They played Uno and then fed their Webkinz on the computer. I must have the most boring children .... ever.

Son was devastated yesterday when he realized he had lost the whip that belonged to his Lego Indiana Jones. He's been carrying that thing around in his pocket since he got it a week and a half ago and I can't believe he's managed to hang onto all the tiny detachable parts until now. This morning he found the webs from his Spiderman Lego's, hooked them together, and gave them to Lego Indy. The whip that Lego Indy came with was a precoiled brown prop; now Lego Indy is armed with a string 6 times longer than he is tall, and he can actually whip things. Son spent the afternoon making Lego Indy knock down all the other Lego characters with a whip. Complete with sound effects. Pshsh! (Is there a standard format for phonetically writing down the sound that a whip makes?)

So I'm fine with the home-based activities but worried about the attempt to prove my independence. Tomorrow is my audition for the ABC pilot, and while I wasn't really counting on getting it I certainly don't want to hear that it will result in a reversal of fortune! Like my audition will be so bad that not only will I not get the part but the director is going to demand $697 (scale) for being forced to watch me.

Could he do that?

If anybody's interested (that's an inside joke, I hope some of you are laughing) I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.